Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Thank God for Student Loans :-P

It's here again: the three-weeks-til-finals-I'm-going-to-pull-my-hair-out time of the quarter. I go through this every single quarter, too. Right about this time I start wondering why I do this to myself, because, let's be honest, who deserves this kind of stress? Sometimes I wonder if there really exists, in some other possible world (to use the philosophical term), a place where people actually live on more than PB&J and don't have to pull all-nighters twice a week. And while we're on the subject, are there really people who speak Chinese? Fluently? And, more importantly, are there really people who understand it? If I hadn't seen and heard it for myself I'm not sure I'd believe it. Sometimes I still don't.

So the only thing I can say - and I can't believe I'm saying it - is thank heavens for the ridiculous amount of my student loans. It's at these times, when I swear up and down that I'm going to drop out of school and go find me a paper cup (v. the styrofoam; I'd even be environmentally responsible as a bum) and a nice street corner, that they come in handy: quite frankly, I can't afford to drop out of school. I just owe too stinking much money, and there's no way I could make the payments on a salary from McDonald's. (Not that I'd work there anyway; it's kind of an exaggeration for the sake of rhetoric.) So I guess this is a classic example of how your worst curse can be your biggest blessing.

Of course, ask me again when I'm finishing grad school and you may hear a far less good-natured opinion...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan recreational dose - ativan quetiapine