Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Pixar Rules

So, as Johnny promised (without consulting me first, incidentally, which I think was a plot to coerce me into posting something), I will now say something about "The Incredibles." I don't know why he couldn't just do it - he saw it with me and I'm pretty sure that there wasn't anything that I noticed and he didn't - but I guess until he gets a little more confidence in his writing ability (like that'll happen; what, a programmer write?) I'm going to have to pick up the proverbial slack. I guess it helps that I'm only literally the biggest Pixar fan that ever did walk the face of the earth...

In short, um, Pixar rules. This movie was so cool. Kind of a generic cliche of a description, but it works so well for this one. I've been waiting for over a year to see it, and boy howdy was it worth the wait. The animation was amazing and the story cute (if not entirely cartoonish). Incidentally, this is also my one and only complaint about the movie: half the time I didn't even feel like I was watching a cartoon. It was more like a spinoff (is that one word or two?) of Spiderman or something. I think they're just trying to confuse us; with more live-action movies using computer graphics and computer animation looking more and more like live action, how are we supposed to know which direction is up anymore? It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

I'm more excited than ever now to see what Pixar will do with itself once it's shed the restrictive yolk of the Disney empire (Pixar's next film, "Cars," is slated to be its last under Mickey Mouse's domineering demands) and struck out on its own.


No comments: