Sunday, August 20, 2006

Yu Yuan and Lu Xun

One of the bad things about traveling with someone who also has a blog, who is on par with you in terms of writing ability, and with whom you are generally attached at the hip anyway, is the fact that whoever gets to her blog first has first dibs on the funny stories. This morning was Lindsey's turn. So I have nothing left that is either amusing or interesting to say. Maybe I can find a picture that she hasn't posted yet...(we're sharing all our photos too, so it might be a challenge):

This is us with some friends at a vegetarian restaurant near Huaihai Zhong Lu. Take that, Lindsey Victoria.

To get even with Lindsey Victoria - who I will address by her full name until I have finally forgiven her for not leaving me any amusing anecdotes to post on my own blog - I will hereby be the first to post about our day trip yesterday. We met with a friend for a tour of the Lu Xun museum and the Yu Gardens. Lu Xun, for those not quite so interested as I am in Chinese literature (and who I'm guessing comprises 99.9% of my readership), was a very famous figure during the literary revolution in the early part of the 20th century and, for my money, one of the more interesting Chinese people ever.

They didn't allow us to take pictures at the museum, but we went from there to the Yu Gardens and got some pretty nice pictures. It was beautiful, as most Chinese gardens are, and we did get some good pics there. At least I did; the zipper on Lindsey's purse broke halfway through the trip and her camera got stuck inside.





1 comment:

Becca said...

哈哈哈....曹磊,我覺得這大概不可能. Lindsey 和我什麽都一起做. 說實話,她離開到南京以後,我不知道我會怎麽辦...