Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005



We spent a delightful Thanksgiving with our friends Ryan and Jackie and their son Charlie this year. I also dragged along my Taiwanese language partner, Ned, who insisted on helping cook. He made a delicious fried tofu dish, which ended up being more popular than the traditional food. Even Nate liked it. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Nate doesn't eat tofu.




I have to say that I have never seen so much food in one place in all my life.
After dinner we all watched a kung fu movie - the only thing we could be sure that Ned would understand - and Amy chased the 1-year-old Charlie around the house. Not a traditional Thanksgiving, I'll grant you, but one of the best holidays I've ever had. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and such a wonderful family.

No comments: